SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM OUR ELDERS
As many people in our community have received, or are in the process of becoming fully vaccinated and as cases have steadily declined, many of you have been asking about Mission’s mask policy and how much longer Mission will remain mask required for all indoor gatherings
- The Elders met this past Tuesday evening (March 9th) and unanimously agreed on the following position on our current mask mandatory policy:
- That Mission Church will remain mask required for all indoor gatherings through April 11th
- The Elders will meet again on April 13th with the hope that Mission can move to a decrease in mandatory masks under the following condition:
- The total positivity rate in both Stanly and Cabarrus County be BELOW 5% for at least 7 consecutive days. To what extent our mask policies change will be decided at the April 13th meeting.
- North Carolina continues to be under a mask mandatory position for ALL indoor gatherings. While churches are not specifically mentioned, we believe that it is still the safest course of action. If North Carolina were to lessen mask mandates before April 13th, we will take that into account with our own mask policy.
The Elders would like to thank everyone at Mission for doing what is hard yet necessary throughout this pandemic. We are all confident and hopeful that Mission will see plenty of opportunities to Love God, Connect with Others, and Serve the World as we get ever closer to “normal” again. We ask you continually be in prayer for our staff and our elder team as we seek to be sensitive not only to the safety of others but to our calling and future as a church.
the Elder Team of Mission Church: Steven Lucas—Chair, Larry Honeycutt, Doug Morton, Bobby Barbee, Jeremy Mullins, Tommy Smith